Written by William H. Stoddard
Edited by Andrew Hackard and Jeff Rose
Cover art by Denis Loubet, Pat Morrissey, Bob Stevlic, and John Zeleznik
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
240 black-and-white pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $29.95
Stock number 01-1001S
Available Now – click here to order!
243 pages. PDF.
Stock number 31-1001
Always Available – Click here to buy!
240 pages. Hardcover.
Suggested Retail Price $34.95
Stock number 01-1001
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Create a world that could never be! GURPS Fantasy is the complete toolkit to let you build a campaign of heroic deeds and wondrous magic. It discusses the genre in depth – with all its subgenres and inspirations (myth, novels, movies, etc.) – allowing you to handle any kind of fantasy.
GURPS Fantasy gives detailed, concrete advice for assembling fantasy settings – from the basics of the landscape itself, through its inhabitants and cultures, to the details of believable histories and politics. It also examines the nature of supernatural forces, and discusses the impact of wizards, monsters, and gods. And, of course, it looks at the many ways that magic and users of magic can work in a fantasy world.
And, perhaps most important, it advises GMs and players alike on the kinds of characters appropriate to fantasy – including ordinary folks, people with fantastic powers, and nonhumans.
Whether your model is Tolkien, Jordan, or Leiber, this book will let create a town, a country, or an entire world. The softcover reprint contains the same material, with black-and-white interiors and a lower price.
(This is not an update of the Yrth setting presented in the old GURPS Fantasy. For that, we have GURPS Banestorm.)
- GURPS Banestorm – Welcome to the land of Yrth, a magical realm of incredibly varied races and monsters – including people snatched from our Earth and other worlds by the cataclysmic Banestorm!
- GURPS Magic – All the spells from the Third Edition GURPS Magic and GURPS Grimoire, plus dozens of all-new spells, in the ultimate tome of magic!
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy – This series reduces GURPS to the essential abilities and rules you need to create tough dungeon-delvers, equip them with awesome gear, and defeat monsters and traps to get even more awesome gear.
- GURPS Thaumatology – Fantasy settings are defined by their magic . . . so different worlds need different magic systems.
- GURPS Fantasy: Portal Realms – Many fantasy campaigns begin with the heroes whisked away to another world. Portal Realms looks at this subset of fantasy and expands it considerably!
- Pyramid #3/80: Fantasy Threats – Endanger Fantasy heroes with a whole plethora of challenges, from monsters to legal complications (and more).
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.