1 Computer program file to download.
Stock number 30-5401
Always Available – Click here to buy!
1 CD in DVD case.
Suggested Retail Price $24.95
Stock number 5401
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
GURPS Character Builder is the official character-creation program for GURPS Third Edition. The Character Builder lets you design, optimize, store, modify, and print out characters in all the most popular genres. All the system's standard advantages, disadvantages, and skills are supported. Lots of extras, including a die roller, round out this package.
GURPS Character Assistant is the official character generation program for GURPS Fourth Edition.
- Operating System: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
- Memory: 32MB RAM.
- Disk space: approximately 50MB free (depending on the configuration of the user's hard disk).
- Processor: 100MHz or faster Pentium or equivalent
- CD-ROM drive.
- Screen resolution: Minimum: 640x480. Recommended: 800x600 or greater with 64K colors or more.
Versions for other operating systems will not be available in the foreseeable future. See our emulator page for information on apparently-compatible emulators.
If you want to get an idea what GURPS Character Builder is like before you buy it, you can download the demo version. It's about 10 megs in size. It will let you design characters, but not save or print them.
- Download via HTTP. You are, by the way, free to redistribute the demo, as long as you don't charge for it or make changes in it.
Credits and Thanks
- Programming: Bruce Kvam of Alter Ego Software, Inc.
- System checking and troubleshooting: Sean Punch
- In-house coordination and docco checking: Andrew Hackard
- In-house playtesters extraordinaire: Michelle Barrett, Moe Chapman, Heather Oliver
- Cover and splash graphics: Philip Reed
- Production: Heather Oliver
- Print buying: Monica Stephens
- Icon created by Brandon D. Ove
- Customer support lead: Eric Jackson
Registration and Support
- Please register your copy. Registered users of previous versions can click here to download the update to GURPS Character Builder 3.0.0
- Here's the support page. When (note that being realists, we do not say "if") we have patch or upgrade information, it will appear here.
- Still got questions? Check out the GURPS Character Builder FAQ!
- More detailed technical information can be found in the GURPS Character Builder Technical FAQ.
- If all else fails, and you think you have a bug or problem you need help with, check out the forums.
- If you aren't a Windows user, here's what we know about emulators that may let you run the program on your preferred operating system.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!